Sunday, July 31, 2011

Rat snacks!

 Its time I teach you how easy it is to make healthy meals that you can share with your rat!
      Pasta Prime
Cook 1 small box of Rototini Noodles and Elbow Macaroni until done. Drain the water then mix in:
1/2 cup dried parsley
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped spinach
2 teaspoons garlic and onion powder
1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
Plate and serve to you and your ratties (just make sure you give your rats a smaller portion)
   
Chicken Banana Bash
Mix:
2 chopped cooked chicken breasts
2 diced bananas
4-5 BIG sliced strawberries
1 diced apple
1 bag of your favorite salad
Serve chilled. quite yummy!
     Breakfast!
Every morning I eat either waffles, pancakes, or cereal, so I figure why not let my ratties in on breakfast? For days where I eat waffles or pancakes, I cook two 6 inch waffles (or pancakes) and cut a square inch of waffle per rat. I apply just a drop or two of syrup onto each piece and serve. (Then I eat the rest my self)
For days I eat cereal, as long as it is not to sugary. I take out a few pieces (or one if it is mini wheat's) and add just a drop of milk (not too much)
     PB and J
I live on peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. and so every once in awhile I give some to my ratties. (Just make sure you spread the peanut butter THIN)

Now remember, as much as your ratties may adore these recipes, be reasonable and give them only as a treat every now and then.
Thanks